Last Updated: August 5, 2020
This policy applies to the www.unique-vintage.com website (the "Website"). The Website is owned and operated by Unique Vintage, Inc., a company incorporated under the laws of the State of California whose principal business address is Unique Vintage, Inc 2830 N. Ontario Street , Burbank CA, 91504.
What kind of information do we collect?
Information you give us.
- If you choose to create an account on the Website, review one of our products or enter any of our contests, giveaways, or surveys, we will ask you to input certain information so that we can authenticate your account and provide you with necessary notifications. This information could include: your name, e-mail address, and a password.
- When you place an order on the Website, we will ask you to input certain information in order for us to process and perform your order, including: your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery shipping address, telephone number, product selections, shopping preferences, credit card or other payment information and a password.
- If you choose to post messages in our chatrooms, bulletin boards, product reviews, or other message areas, if provided, we collect the messages you post and use information you provide to improve this Website and our products and services, provide thorough customer service, and follow up on Website visitors who may be violating our policies or abusing our system. When you post messages, other Website visitors can also view them. We may also publish transcripts of archived chats. We urge you to exercise caution when providing personally identifiable financial or other information in the chatrooms, bulletin boards, product reviews or other message areas. Remember that any information you disclose in these areas becomes public information.
- We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log technical information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Website, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, your media access control (MAC) address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Website, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications. On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our mobile applications.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers) to fulfill your orders and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your information?
Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with a personalized, relevant, and positive experience with this Website. We use the personal information you provide about yourself, for example, when placing an order for the Service. Unique Vintage will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others, except to the extent necessary to fulfill your order for the Service, to provide you with other services or as set forth in this policy.
- Information you give us. We will use this information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. We may share your information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Information we collect about you. We will use pseudonymized and/or aggregated portions of your information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure.
We ask that, unless specifically requested, you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the website or otherwise to us.
We may combine personal data collected at this Website with other information you have provided us through other sources or with non-personal information that we automatically collected at this Website (as further described in this policy).
We use your email address to answer email we receive from you and to provide status updates for the Service. We will not share your email address with outside parties except as set forth iWe may use third-party web beacons to collect non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized data in order to help analyze where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website, which non-identifiable data may be shared with third parties. We may also use non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized data about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve our products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We require that all third parties with whom we share identifiable data treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
- Opting-in for Promotional Emails. You can register on this Website to receive promotions and updates on new products and services, or to be contacted for market research purposes. The contact information you submit will not be used for these purposes unless you specifically "opt-in.” You can control your privacy preferences regarding such marketing communications.
Contests and Sweepstakes. From time to time, you may be invited to participate in optional customer surveys or contests, and Unique Vintage may request that you provide some or all of the above listed personal information in those surveys or contests. We use information collected through contests to contact winners and award prizes. Your participation in contests may also opt you in to receive newsletter communications, which you can unsubscribe from at any time. We also use information collected from surveys to learn about our customers in order to improve our services and develop new products and services of interest to our customers.
Unique Vintage uses IP addresses, cookies, clear gifs, browser detection, and weblogs to provide a better experience on this Site and to give us useful business information. Third party technologies such as cookies may also be used for the same purposes.
Unique Vintage may also contract with unaffiliated third parties to provide services for the Site, such as software for Site features, customer communications, sweepstakes and prize fulfillment, analyzing and evaluating the information we collect, and other services. When we do this, we may provide your personally identifiable information to third parties only to provide those services, and they are not authorized to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
A cookie is a small data file that websites often store on your computer's hard drive when you visit their sites. A cookie may contain information, such as a unique user ID that websites use to track the pages of the sites you've visited.
We also use pixel tags to collect non-identifiable and/or pseudonymized information about how you view the Website. A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on a website, but not on your device, for the purpose of tracking activity on that website. When you access those pages of the Website, pixel tags generate a notice of that visit. Pixel tags usually work in conjunction with cookies
You can manage your cookie settings
Note that you must manage cookies for each device you visit this website from.
Choosing to opt-out of sharing your information on one device does not mean you are automatically opted-out from sharing your information on all devices you utilize to visit this website.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Access to your data is limited to authorized Unique Vintage staff and vendors and restricted by password protection mechanisms. We process all Service orders on a secure server that encrypts all financial information through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Although total security does not exist on the Internet, Unique Vintage shall make commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to Unique Vintage. We will not store your credit card information in our database unless you provide us such information for use with the Service. Credit card numbers are used for processing payments only and for no other purposes.
Your Data Processing Rights
We take reasonable steps to help ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and current. You may request access to your personal information and request that erroneous or inaccurate personal information be updated. You may also request that your personal information and Website account be deleted. You may invoke these rights by contacting us via email at email@example.com or telephoning us at 1-800-721-6589. We will respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable law. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal information associated with the e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We may decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we may need to retain certain personal information for a longer period for recordkeeping purposes, such as retaining records relating to your purchases for warranty or accounting purposes.
How do I remove my information from e-mail, phone and postal mailing lists?
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive information from us, please let us know at any time by either e-mail or postal mail, or by using the "opt-out" instructions link provided at the bottom of in each promotional e-mail. If you contact us by e-mail or postal mail, please be sure to include your e-mail address and full name.
In addition, if you ask us to remove your name and address from our e-mail or postal mailing list, we will have to maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honor your request.
What about links to other websites and services?
The Website may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites have their own policies regarding privacy. You should review those policies before visiting the websites. We have no responsibility for linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides you with the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- Whether we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of personal information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your personal information, and if so, the categories of personal information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-out of sales. If we sell your personal information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your personal information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by:
- calling us toll free at: 1-800-721-6589.
- Emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. Like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. California law classifies our use of these services as a “sale” of your personal information to the companies that provide the services. This is because we allow them to collect information from our website users (e.g., online identifiers and browsing activity) so they can help serve ads more likely to interest you.
We will need to confirm your identity and California residency to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to verify your identity, and understand and respond to the request. A California resident can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on his/her behalf. We will require the authorized agent to have a written authorization confirming that authority.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which we must comply with a deletion request. If we deny your request, we will communicate our decision to you.
Do Not Track
You have the ability to enable your browser settings to “Do Not Track.” Doing this sends a signal to websites, ad networks and plug-in providers about your browsing preferences. This Website does not currently respond to the Do Not Track browser signal.